Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 1 - The Daniel Fast

I am fully committed to becoming the woman God intended me to be; so this year one of my resolutions was to have a closer connection with God, so in order to get myself mentally right I've decided to take part in the Daniel fast. My church participates every year usually the fast is for 21 days but this year we are fasting for 10 days (12-22).

**The Daniel Fast is a spiritual fast intended to honor God; the Daniel fast comes from Daniel 1:8-14. **


The purpose of the fast is to get yourself where you are mentally and physically stronger. Usually when you think of a fast you think of "oh, I am about to starve myself for so many odd days" the Daniel fast you are allowed to eat but only natural products; which means NO MEAT and NO SWEETS, nothing artificial ALL NATURAL. Now, this will be tough for me since I am considered a meat eater but like I said in order to succeed in life, I will have to make sacrifices and I am up for the task.

So my focus for the ten days fast will be not only to abstain myself from food but to focus and spend more time on the following:

Reading the Bible
Praying
Physically working out
Limiting myself to only 1 hour on the computer at home
No alcohol
No caffeine
mentally focus myself (stop stressing out)

**please pray for me :) **

No comments: